Tuesday 29 September 2009

It's been a hard day's night...

I'm starting to get a taste of what this is really all about.

Since my last blog I've changed jobs and moved house. I sort of stumbled across my new job at Central FM, and love it. It's proper journalism and proper radio... with live news reads and a decent sized station.

Instead of one council I now have three, one football team has now become seven and the bulletins are now three minutes to fifteen minutes long.

I'll probably remember the last two weeks for quite some time.

My news editor was off on her hols for two weeks. And of course... that's when everything decided to go wrong. One newsreader was off sick, the replacement was also sick and the replacement of the replacement couldn't do it.

So the shifts went from the usual nine hours to eleven.

Then there was an ACTUAL news story to report on:

Click here to hear it

So I was up 'till midnight reporting that.

Then my Nana died.

But it's made me realise I'm perfectly capable of running a news room with everything going against me. Which is good to know for the future.

News editor's back this week and the funeral's been and gone. So hopefully I can concentrate on being a reporter again for a little while.

I should be sleeping like a log.

1 comment:

Chris Ratcliffe said...

You're doing lush. Plus the new bed should help the sleep factor